Monday, June 9, 2008

Invisible design patterns

And you thought that the design patterns were a recent thing?

Of course not. If I reflect back on my yester years, I find that these design patterns are actually the solutions to the problems that I myself developed. And few years later I was being told to read and learn about design patterns. Once I read through, I realized that what I thought of as a new thing or a fantastic concept was actually something that I knew about since ages. Some clever guy had named them as design patterns and asked the world to use them. Anyways, that person has done a lot good by bringing this to the notice of everyone. I wonder, why I did not think of putting some fancy names to my design solutions and call them design patterns.

So, these were the visibly invisible, design patterns for me. However, if I look at them today, especially in J2EE context, I think they are fast becoming obsolete. Just looking to see who will be the next one to earn fame from naming some new design patterns.

No comments: